Walmart Inc. (NYSE:WMT – Get Rating) Director S Robson Walton sold 32,870 shares of the firm’s stock in a transaction dated Wednesday, March 1st. The stock was sold at an average price of $140.36, for a total transaction of $4,613,633.20. Following the completion of the transaction, the director now directly owns 264,840,774 shares in the company, valued at approximately $37,173,051,038.64. The sale was disclosed in a document filed with the Securities & Exchange Commission, which can be accessed through this hyperlink.
S Robson Walton also recently made the following trade(s):
- On Monday, February 27th, S Robson Walton sold 193,131 shares of Walmart stock. The stock was sold at an average price of $142.53, for a total transaction of $27,526,961.43.
- On Thursday, February 23rd, S Robson Walton sold 706,197 shares of Walmart stock. The stock was sold at an average price of $142.07, for a total transaction of $100,329,407.79.
- On Friday, December 23rd, S Robson Walton sold 350,000 shares of Walmart stock. The stock was sold at an average price of $143.31, for a total transaction of $50,158,500.00.
- On Wednesday, December 14th, S Robson Walton sold 564,495 shares of Walmart stock. The stock was sold at an average price of $147.08, for a total transaction of $83,025,924.60.
- On Monday, December 12th, S Robson Walton sold 859,856 shares of Walmart stock. The stock was sold at an average price of $147.33, for a total transaction of $126,682,584.48.
- On Thursday, December 8th, S Robson Walton sold 456,030 shares of Walmart stock. The stock was sold at an average price of $148.79, for a total transaction of $67,852,703.70.
- On Thursday, December 1st, S Robson Walton sold 493,782 shares of Walmart stock. The shares were sold at an average price of $152.55, for a total value of $75,326,444.10.
Walmart Stock Up 0.2 %
WMT stock opened at $140.50 on Friday. The company has a current ratio of 0.82, a quick ratio of 0.21 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.57. Walmart Inc. has a 1 year low of $117.27 and a 1 year high of $160.77. The company has a fifty day simple moving average of $143.28 and a 200 day simple moving average of $140.80. The firm has a market cap of $378.90 billion, a PE ratio of 32.83, a PEG ratio of 4.25 and a beta of 0.48.
Walmart announced that its board has initiated a stock repurchase plan on Tuesday, November 15th that allows the company to repurchase $20.00 billion in shares. This repurchase authorization allows the retailer to reacquire up to 5% of its shares through open market purchases. Shares repurchase plans are generally an indication that the company’s management believes its shares are undervalued.
Walmart Announces Dividend
The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which will be paid on Tuesday, January 2nd. Investors of record on Friday, December 8th will be paid a $0.57 dividend. This represents a $2.28 annualized dividend and a dividend yield of 1.62%. The ex-dividend date of this dividend is Thursday, December 7th. Walmart’s payout ratio is presently 52.34%.
Wall Street Analysts Forecast Growth
A number of research firms have recently weighed in on WMT. StockNews.com raised Walmart from a “buy” rating to a “strong-buy” rating in a report on Tuesday. JPMorgan Chase & Co. set a $155.00 price target on Walmart in a report on Tuesday, February 21st. Morgan Stanley cut their price target on Walmart from $161.00 to $160.00 and set an “overweight” rating on the stock in a report on Wednesday, February 22nd. Deutsche Bank Aktiengesellschaft lifted their price target on Walmart from $164.00 to $169.00 in a report on Wednesday, February 22nd. Finally, Credit Suisse Group set a $170.00 price objective on shares of Walmart and gave the company an “outperform” rating in a research note on Wednesday, February 22nd. One analyst has rated the stock with a sell rating, six have assigned a hold rating, twenty-three have given a buy rating and one has given a strong buy rating to the stock. According to MarketBeat.com, the company presently has a consensus rating of “Moderate Buy” and an average price target of $162.44.
Institutional Investors Weigh In On Walmart
Several institutional investors and hedge funds have recently modified their holdings of the business. My Personal CFO LLC bought a new position in Walmart in the 4th quarter worth $25,000. Bellwether Advisors LLC raised its holdings in Walmart by 112.0% in the 3rd quarter. Bellwether Advisors LLC now owns 212 shares of the retailer’s stock worth $27,000 after acquiring an additional 112 shares during the period. Dark Forest Capital Management LP bought a new position in Walmart in the 4th quarter worth $27,000. JDM Financial Group LLC bought a new position in Walmart in the 4th quarter worth $28,000. Finally, Ulland Investment Advisors LLC raised its holdings in Walmart by 105.3% in the 4th quarter. Ulland Investment Advisors LLC now owns 195 shares of the retailer’s stock worth $28,000 after acquiring an additional 100 shares during the period. Institutional investors and hedge funds own 31.27% of the company’s stock.
Walmart Company Profile
Walmart, Inc engages in retail and wholesale business. The company offers an assortment of merchandise and services at everyday low prices. It operates through the following business segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International, and Sam’s Club. The Walmart U.S. segment operates as a merchandiser of consumer products, operating under the Walmart, Wal-Mart, and Walmart Neighborhood Market brands, as well as walmart.com and other eCommerce brands.
- Get a free copy of the StockNews.com research report on Walmart (WMT)
- Hormel Hits 2-Year Low, And The Dip Gets Bought
- Here’s Why Ross Could Soon Be Hitting All Time Highs
- The Bottom Is In For Salesforce.com
- It’s Time For A Fresh Look At The Kroger Co.
- West Fraser’s Earnings Scream Timber, Outlook Says Buy
Receive News & Ratings for Walmart Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Walmart and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.