SLM Co. (NASDAQ:SLMBP – Get Free Report) saw a significant drop in short interest in August. As of August 31st, there was short interest totalling 4,100 shares, a drop of 18.0% from the August 15th total of 5,000 shares. Based on an average daily trading volume, of 8,000 shares, the short-interest ratio is presently 0.5 days.
SLM Price Performance
SLM stock opened at $62.28 on Friday. SLM has a fifty-two week low of $53.20 and a fifty-two week high of $67.89. The stock has a fifty day moving average of $59.44 and a two-hundred day moving average of $58.65.
SLM Increases Dividend
The firm also recently disclosed a quarterly dividend, which was paid on Friday, September 15th. Stockholders of record on Friday, September 1st were given a $1.8422 dividend. The ex-dividend date was Thursday, August 31st. This represents a $7.37 dividend on an annualized basis and a dividend yield of 11.83%. This is an increase from SLM’s previous quarterly dividend of $1.70.
SLM Company Profile
SLM Corporation, through its subsidiaries, originates and services private education loans to students and their families to finance the cost of their education in the United States. It also offers retail deposit accounts, including certificates of deposit, money market deposit accounts, and high-yield savings accounts; and interest-bearing omnibus accounts.
- Five stocks we like better than SLM
- Why Consider Investing in Nanotechnology Stocks
- 5 Reasons Apple’s New Phone Moves the Needle: 5 That It Won’t
- How to Find Cloud Software Company Stocks to Trade and Invest
- MarketBeat Week in Review – 9/11 – 9/15
- Stock Market Holidays 2022-2025 – Here’s When the NYSE and NASDAQ Will be Closed
- China’s Jump In Car Sales Is Drawing Big Money To These Stocks
Receive News & Ratings for SLM Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for SLM and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.