Walmart (NYSE: WMT) has recently received a number of price target changes and ratings updates:
- 11/14/2023 – Walmart had its price target raised by analysts at Jefferies Financial Group Inc. from $190.00 to $195.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 11/13/2023 – Walmart had its price target raised by analysts at Stephens from $185.00 to $190.00. They now have an “overweight” rating on the stock.
- 11/13/2023 – Walmart had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $169.00 to $171.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 10/25/2023 – Walmart had its price target raised by analysts at Tigress Financial from $182.00 to $196.00. They now have a “buy” rating on the stock.
- 10/5/2023 – Walmart is now covered by analysts at StockNews.com. They set a “strong-buy” rating on the stock.
- 9/27/2023 – Walmart had its “overweight” rating reaffirmed by analysts at Piper Sandler. They now have a $210.00 price target on the stock.
- 9/26/2023 – Walmart had its price target raised by analysts at Stifel Nicolaus from $167.00 to $169.00. They now have a “hold” rating on the stock.
- 9/22/2023 – Walmart is now covered by analysts at HSBC Holdings plc. They set a “buy” rating and a $200.00 price target on the stock.
Walmart Trading Down 0.0 %
NYSE WMT opened at $167.65 on Wednesday. Walmart Inc. has a 12 month low of $136.09 and a 12 month high of $169.15. The stock has a 50-day simple moving average of $162.36 and a 200 day simple moving average of $157.67. The company has a current ratio of 0.83, a quick ratio of 0.26 and a debt-to-equity ratio of 0.50. The company has a market capitalization of $451.24 billion, a PE ratio of 32.24, a P/E/G ratio of 3.46 and a beta of 0.53.
Walmart (NYSE:WMT – Get Free Report) last issued its earnings results on Thursday, August 17th. The retailer reported $1.84 EPS for the quarter, beating the consensus estimate of $1.69 by $0.15. Walmart had a net margin of 2.23% and a return on equity of 21.47%. The firm had revenue of $161.63 billion during the quarter, compared to the consensus estimate of $160.22 billion. During the same quarter in the prior year, the firm earned $1.77 earnings per share. The business’s quarterly revenue was up 5.7% on a year-over-year basis. Research analysts forecast that Walmart Inc. will post 6.45 EPS for the current year.
Insider Buying and Selling
Institutional Trading of Walmart
Several institutional investors and hedge funds have recently bought and sold shares of the stock. Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd Zurich raised its stake in Walmart by 93,272.8% in the 2nd quarter. Bank Julius Baer & Co. Ltd Zurich now owns 821,003,685 shares of the retailer’s stock valued at $129,045,359,000 after acquiring an additional 820,124,410 shares during the period. Moneta Group Investment Advisors LLC raised its position in shares of Walmart by 112,181.6% in the fourth quarter. Moneta Group Investment Advisors LLC now owns 22,854,919 shares of the retailer’s stock valued at $3,240,599,000 after purchasing an additional 22,834,564 shares during the period. Norges Bank acquired a new stake in shares of Walmart during the 4th quarter worth about $2,598,736,000. Providence Capital Advisors LLC boosted its holdings in shares of Walmart by 1,164,937.0% during the 1st quarter. Providence Capital Advisors LLC now owns 4,718,400 shares of the retailer’s stock worth $32,000,000 after buying an additional 4,717,995 shares during the period. Finally, Boston Partners grew its stake in Walmart by 7,546.2% in the 1st quarter. Boston Partners now owns 3,166,995 shares of the retailer’s stock valued at $467,747,000 after buying an additional 3,125,576 shares during the last quarter. Institutional investors own 33.18% of the company’s stock.
Walmart Inc engages in the operation of retail, wholesale, and other units worldwide. The company operates through three segments: Walmart U.S., Walmart International, and Sam's Club. It operates supercenters, supermarkets, hypermarkets, warehouse clubs, cash and carry stores, and discount stores under Walmart and Walmart Neighborhood Market brands; membership-only warehouse clubs; ecommerce websites, such as walmart.com, walmart.com.mx, walmart.ca, flipkart.com, and samsclub.com; and mobile commerce applications.
- Five stocks we like better than Walmart
- What is a Stock Market Index and How Do You Use Them?
- 5 must-have next-gen technologies that institutions are buying
- What Are Dividend Challengers?
- 3 intriguing late-week earnings plays for short-term traders
- Why Understanding Call Option Volume is Essential to Successful Options Trading
- Datadog is about to hit 52-week highs, and there’s more to come
Receive News & Ratings for Walmart Inc Daily - Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts' ratings for Walmart Inc and related companies with MarketBeat.com's FREE daily email newsletter.